A few things to remember:
- The campus is closed to visitors on STAAR Test days. Parents are not allowed to drop off outside food or drinks, or schedule conferences with teachers or administration.
- Students need to get plenty of sleep the night before; at least 8 hours.
- Students need to eat a healthy breakfast.
- Students are not allowed to be checked out of school early (for appointments or travel) as all of the exams are timed. Students will need to take their time and not rush on these exams.
- Students need to arrive at school no later than 7:25 am. If they want to eat breakfast, they should arrive no later than 7:10 am.
- Students are not allowed to bring backpacks or purses to school the day of testing (exceptions will only be made to female students on a case by case basis).
- Students will not be allowed to have cell phones or smart watches in the testing rooms. ALL cell phones and smart watches brought to school must be turned in at 7:45 am and will be given back out at 2:45pm.
- Students may not wear jackets or hoodies in the testing rooms. ALL jackets and hoodies will be taken up at 7:45 am and given back at 2:45 pm. The temperature in ALL testing roomess will be in the optimal range for comfort, conducive for testing.
- Students are allowed to "Slide into STAAR" by wearing slides with socks on 4/9/2019.
- Lastly, have a positive attitude and speak victory over your child to calm any fears/test anxiety they may have. Take a few moinutes to write a short note of support and encouragement to your child on the day of the test. Let them know they have studied hard all year long... they are ready!
Thank you in advance for your support,